These Terms and Conditions were last modified on : 28/06/2021
1. General information Alan Pope Wedding Film and Photography Hereinafter will provide services to the Customer(s), providing the Customer(s) have/has assessed all the risks that may occur, will carry £10,000,000 Public Liability insurance. It is understood that Alan Pope is the exclusive Videographers retained by the customer(s) for the booked event.
2.Booking and payment a. A deposit of up to £300 is required within 7 days of initial contact with the client(s) (non refundable subject to Paragraph 3.c). Failure to include the deposit will not secure your booking and may be booked by other parties. b. A date may only be considered reserved once a completed booking form has been received and funds cleared. Until that point dates cannot be guaranteed. If a date is no longer available any deposit received will be returned to the sender with no further liability on either party. c. The full balance is payable 30 days prior to the date of your wedding. In cases where a booking has been within the 30-day period, the full (non refundable) balance is payable upon return of this booking form. Failure to pay the final balance within this period will cancel your booking and the full contract price agreed will become chargeable. d. *A day is 10hrs. Any time past 10 hrs in which a production runs will be at the discretion of Alan Pope and should be discussed before initial booking. All prices include travel within a 50 mile radius of Newport South Wales (NP19). Any mileage beyond will be charged at £0.70 per mile. f. Depending on the circumstances there may be additional charges and the Customer(s) will be advised before any variation to the contract is agreed or accepted.
3.Cancellations a. Weddings sometimes need to be cancelled. We strongly recommend that all couples take out comprehensive wedding insurance to protect themselves from costs if they need to cancel. b. The Customer(s) may cancel this contract at any time by giving written notice to Alan Pope. c. Refunds are only available if it is requested in writing and sent by recorded delivery within 14 days of booking only. Cancellation after 14 days will be subject to a cancellation charge. d. Cancellation charges are as follows; 1. More than 8 Weeks prior to the date = deposit only. 2. 8 weeks to thirty days prior to the date = deposit plus half the remaining cost. 3. Less than thirty days prior to the date = full amount.
4. Filming the day a. Any variations in the times, dates, or to the planned event that may impact on the contract should be communicated to Alan Pope as soon as possible. b. The Customer(s) must obtain permission to film the Marriage Service and the Customer(s) is also responsible for any fees levied at the various locations. c. The Customer(s) must also seek permission from any other venue where filming will be required. d. Arrangements should be made for all venues to be accessible by Alan Pope at least one hour before the time of each event; this is to be arranged by the Customer(s). e. We aim to be discreet whilst filming but in low light conditions additional camera-mounted or free-standing lighting may be required. f. Coverage will be as the cameraman's professional expertise determines and no one scene will be determined more important than another. While every effort will be made to get the best position for the camera(s) to film the event this may not always be possible if restrictions are imposed upon us on the day. g. We use broadcast quality well maintained equipment, however we will not be liable for any Radio Signal losses, Battery failures, equipment failure and or material defects, which are beyond our control. In the unlikely event of a total video failure our liabilities are limited to a refund of all monies paid by the Client(s). h. Every effort is made to ensure perfectly colour and lighting reproduction, but certain conditions may not be accurate such as mixed indoor and external lighting, hard shadows, and low lighting conditions. With these factors beyond our control, we will endeavour to produce the best pictures possible.
5. The Edit a. Alan Pope is the sole editor and has full editorial control over the edit but will endeavor to build your film around any special requests made within this contract if agreed, but such requests are not binding instructions. Artistic interpretation cannot be guaranteed but every attempt will be made to comply with the Customer(s) wishes. Alan Pope will not be held responsible for scenes not included due to inclement weather or other conditions outside of his control. b. Any final editing decisions are of the sole discretion of the editor. c. Any changes requested on the final copy once sent out will be subject to a further charge of £25 per hour. d. Additional extras will be supplied at current retail costs. e. To comply with Copyright law, if a choir or musician performs any music live, then a licence needs to be obtained from the Composer and Publisher of the music (Legislation Copyright Designs and Patents Act 1988 Part II, s.181 et). Composers and Publishers are represented in the UK and Ireland by MCPS. If the music is being played from a CD, record or any other recording, a second licence needs to be obtained from the Record Company. The Record Companies are represented in the UK and Ireland by PPL. Gemini supply both licences in Paragraph (5.e) as part of this wedding package and this should be communicated to your ceremony organizer. f. Any loss or damage of material or software (i.e. video and/or audio supplied by the Customer(s) is limited to the cost of the media alone. No consequential loss is accepted by Alan Pope. g. If a Customer(s) submits any media to Alan for inclusion in the film, Copyright clearance is the responsibility of the Customer(s) other than music covered in Paragraph (e) h. Completion of the edit usually takes around 8 weeks but will take longer during peak periods (May – September) Alan Pope will keep you regularly informed of suspected completion dates and will endeavor to complete your edit as quickly as possible. i. Final edit will be delivered as a digital copy subject to options discussed at the time of the booking. All material delivered in the final product can be copied and distributed by the customer(s) as they wish subject to the customer(s) following the correct copyright laws for any materials featured that is copyrighted (music for example) Alan Pope will not be held responsible for any copyright laws broken through illegal copying or distribution of copyrighted materials. j. All recordings and edits will be completed and delivered in Full High Definition (HD) format. If a Customer(s) do not have the facility to play a HD format production, while Alan Pope will endeavor to work a solution out we will not be held responsible for any loss in quality to the final product.
6. Acceptance of Goods. a. The Customer(s) shall within fourteen days from the delivery of goods give written notice to the Company of any respect in which it is alleged that the Goods do not comply with the Contract. Subject to any such notice, the goods will be deemed to comply with the Contract in all respects.
7. Additional a. We keep a master copy of your film in our archives for up to 1 year. You may order additional copies within this period as required subject to a reasonable charge. If you wish to order additional copies after 2 years we cannot guarantee that the master will be available. b. The prices within this contract are current at the time of viewing. Alan Pope reserves the right to change and amend this contract without notice at which point prices may change. c. I retain Copyright of the goods produced from this contract and are protected by the Copyright and Design act 1988. d. Footage or the final product may be made public or used for the purposes of advertising by Alan Pope. Your conditions do not affect the statutory rights as a consumer as defined by the Unfair Contract Terms act 1977 or any statutory amendments of that act.